Saturday, November 6, 2010

Forgive me LORD!!!

 Praise the LORD!!!

   I've been spending a large amount of the time I have, as led too, on Twitter. Posting a lot of comments glorifying the LORD and reposting others that do in like manner. I've also been blessed to read a good deal on the ongoing rebuilding of Haiti. With hurricane Tomas just strafing the island yesterday I've come along a batch of new photos of the area.

    I have to pray at this time, for that which the LORD has given me, Vine of CHRIST Ministries, is far from that which it should be. I know that everything has a time in the LORD's planning and if it were meant to be viable now, it would be. But my heart is torn with compassion for those I've seen suffering from what I can only call neglect! - "LORD, forgive me for my lack of wisdom and knowledge, to make this ministry that which YOU've shown me it would be. Forgive me for not being a better steward of those things YOU've blessed me with and for not being able to help those in great need at this time. I know there are many limitations to that which I could be doing and I know YOU've ultimate power to open the doors to make it all come together. LORD use me as a humble servant to change the face of 'disaster relief' as we know it today. Let there never be another tragedy, like is happening in Haiti at this time, that VCM won't be there bringing glory to YOUR most holy and precious name!!!"

   There is plenty of information on the chaos that is currently taking place in Haiti and other disasters around the globe, it just takes a little searching online to find it. You'll see and hear exactly what I mean when I said deplorable conditions. After almost eleven months of assistance efforts not mush has changed. People are suffering terribly and their cries seem to be falling on deaf ears. I don't know what I can do to change a single person's life there, but I do know that my efforts to build the LORD's ministry for me will deepen. If I've got to forgo everything else to bring this ministry into fruition, I will. It is truly time that Christians step up and take the lead in helping their "neighbors" and not in the ways of the world, but in the way JESUS HIMSELF would do it!!!
(I know this is my devotional blog, but I've devoted my life to serving the LORD and this is where HE's led me to post this!!!)

Prayer request can be sent to: prayers@vineofchrist.org

GOD bless and good day,

Rev. Marshall Barth

Vine of CHRIST Ministries

Vine Ministerial Network International

No comments:

Post a Comment